PEPE is a deflationary meme-based cryptocurrency launched on the Ethereum network. Its inception was inspired by the Pepe the Frog internet meme, originally designed by Matt Furie, which experienced widespread fame in the early 2000s.

The project aims to leverage the surge in popularity of meme coins, similar to Shiba Inu and Dogecoin, with an aspiration to solidify its position amongst the leading meme-inspired digital currencies. It aims to capture the interest of the crypto audience through implementing a no-tax policy, a reward system for long-term stakers, and a coin burning process to ensure PEPE coin remains scarce.

Between late April and May 2023, PEPE’s explosive growth led to a peak market cap of $1.6 billion, creating substantial wealth for early investors and fostering a fervent community of enthusiasts. This boom in popularity prompted what has been referred to as the “memecoin season,” leading to incredible price surges and subsequent crashes in other meme coins, some newly launched. The future performance of PEPE and other memecoins remains speculative, with many investors hoping for continued growth.

PEPE’s developmental roadmap is outlined in three phases. The initial phase involves being listed on CoinMarketCap and trending on Twitter. The second phase plans for listing on centralized exchanges (CEXs), and the third phase includes listing on “tier 1” exchanges, with the team envisioning a “meme takeover.”

Who’s Behind PEPE Coin?

The creators of PEPE have chosen to remain anonymous, which is not uncommon in the crypto space. Though information about the project’s team is limited, they have managed to generate significant interest and community growth around the memecoin through strategic use of social media platforms like Twitter.

What Sets PEPE Apart?

PEPE brings a unique proposition to the meme coin market by leveraging the notorious legacy of the Pepe the Frog character. This deliberate association differentiates it from other digital currencies and enhances its appeal within the crypto sector.

The unique feature of PEPE is its redistribution system, designed to reward long-term stakers, thereby encouraging users to hold their tokens for extended periods. This strategy aims to stimulate holder benefits and increase the likelihood of sustained success.

The distinctive burning mechanism of PEPE strives to preserve market scarcity. In addition, PEPE’s no-tax policy separates it from other digital currencies. By eliminating transaction fees, PEPE aims to appeal to a broader audience and increase its user base.

How Many PEPE Coins Are in Circulation?

PEPE’s strategy encourages coin stability by rewarding users who retain the token instead of selling it off rapidly. The coin features a burning mechanism to periodically eliminate a portion of the coins from the market, aiming to maintain scarcity despite the maximum supply of 420,690,000,000,000 coins.

Out of the total supply, 93.1% was transferred to the Uniswap liquidity pool, with LP tokens burnt, and the deployer contract sent to a null address. The remaining 6.9% is held in a multi-sig wallet, designated for future CEX listings, bridges, and liquidity pools. This wallet can be monitored using the ENS name “pepecexwallet.eth.” Users can track the PEPE/WETH pair on CMC DexScan.

How is PEPE Secured?

As an ERC-20 token on the Ethereum blockchain, PEPE’s security is underpinned by the Proof-of-Stake (PoS) consensus mechanism. Decentralized validators stake 32 ETH to process transactions and safeguard the network.

By pepe